kevINda.com blog

Kevin and Inda share their random thoughts...usually about Bush. Or acting.

Friday, December 28, 2007

If I Had a Nickel...

If I actually got paid for writing, like an actual bi-weekly paycheck that I could count on every... well, every two weeks... I'd be really frackin' happy about that. Okay, maybe not a nickel a word, but a paycheck nonetheless.

I was reading the "Best of..." articles in the Arts section of the Chicago Tribune this week. They gave space -- and a paycheck -- to a writer who does fine work in the Chicago Tribune Magazine. She went out of the country to do an in-depth story on girls growing up in some poor African village. She wrote one on girl scouting and the morals of young women. Lovely words. In the Chicago Tribune Magazine. Which is where she and her lovely words should stay. Confined. Locked up tight. But to give this twit a byline in the Arts section was so absolutely wrong that I can't even begin to understand what they were thinking.

She didn't watch any movies. Her "article" said that she didn't watch them (because she was out of the country writing an in-depth story on girls growing up in some poor African blah blah blah). She didn't have time. Her "article" (can you tell I hate this notion?) then went on to say that 2007 wasn't such a great year for films. WHAAHHH? She didn't even see the big movies that are on all of the film critics' top 10 lists, referring to a few of them as "little gems." Little gems that she didn't even see. Wow.

She who must not be named is getting paid to give a year-end wrap-up of films she admittedly hasn't seen. Did I mention that SHE'S GETTING PAID to do this? And here I blog.

If I had a nickel...

- Inda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home