kevINda.com blog

Kevin and Inda share their random thoughts...usually about Bush. Or acting.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Alone

I will be spending Christmas in L.A. It will be weird being here with no family, and not really celebrating the way I am accustomed to celebrating... oh, I forgot to que the violins. Anyway, it will be fine. I am excited and blessed to be alive. Now time for updates:

I just found out that I am the newest Artistic Associate of Lookingglass Theatre Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting. I have done two shows with them and about three readings and seen at least five or six of their productions... I mean our productions. Our shows? That feels weird. It's too early. Anyway, I could go on and on about the company and how they do great work and how you won't be sorry if you see a Lookingglass show and blah blah blah, but I suggest you go to their website. That's all I am going to say. I am in their (our? No, still weird) production of Around the World in Eighty Days which goes up in April. Again, EXCITED! Yes, I will be back in Chicago just as the weather is getting a little better. Good timing, eh?

Not as good as my timing coming out here. Yeah, the strike. It's not gonna end, but I have Chicago and plenty of work there if it doesn't. I am using L.A. for its money. Yes, using it like a cheating boyfriend uses his secret lover when the significant other is away, only my girl (Chicago) is cool with it. Yeah, I am seeing other people, basically. Time apart, if you will. And since there is not much work here I will probably be begging my girl Chicago to take me back, but with my luck she'll have moved on to someone younger, funnier, more talented and more Canadian.

I probably won't be here for long. I mean I'll be back when there is work but otherwise, why stay? For the traffic? For the women who don't want you unless you are someone or slept with someone who is someone? For the traffic? For the no work?

In other Kevin news: I have a commercial agent!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Very excited. I did improv at the Comedy Store with a group of guys who I think are considering having me join their troop. Yeah, the Comedy Store! Every comedian of note has performed there -- and even ones that are not of note. It was fun. And I may be doing stand up there. Mm-hmm. Yup. I have to get it together and an opportunity like that may force me to get it together.

Go and see I Am Legend. It is great. DO NOT SEE IT IF YOU READ THE BOOK, HATE WILL SMITH, OR ARE JUST A PLAIN MISERABLE PERSON WHO LOVES TO BITCH. But you other people will love it or like it alot. It stressed me out, too. Man, scary movies are awesome. I am going to write one and I think I am going to call it Are They... just kidding, Inda. Inside joke, non-kevINda-ers.

Okay, I think I am done. I miss my Inda. Que or cue the violins:
Well, I hope your Christmas is better than mine will be. I hope none of you are alone like I will be. I guess things could be worse. I could be dead. HAHAHAAAAAA. Sorry, I could not keep a straight face. I am fine. I am hanging with some friends. We are gonna do a pot luck and I will probably go see Great Debaters (Cue Violins) Alone.

- Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home