kevINda.com blog

Kevin and Inda share their random thoughts...usually about Bush. Or acting.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's Been A Week... Seems Longer

Hello everyone! Man, it is difficult being a SUPERSTAR. Let me tell you because many MANY of you will NEVER experience it. I mean, I have talked to the rich, given money to the poor, interviews galore, magazines, newspapers, TV AND radio interviews... coming soon, I'm sure... and not to mention the women!! I wish I had a stick to beat them off with but in the mean time I will just let them beat... nevermind. I have not seen Inda in like a week, but it seems like more. I wonder if I should tell her that I need time apart to pursue FILMS now or when we are shooting material for our little sketch group? So many people to screw (over) and so little time. Kevin "Superstar" Douglas. Actually, I have gotten a nickname from a few of my fans. "Kevin Worldwide," which I like because, well, that is what I will be -- WORLDWIDE!!!! I have stopped talking to the little people and the people that THINK they helped get me where I am. Well, everyone except INDA. Must let her down easy. Maybe I will have my publicist do it... ah yes, great idea! That's what they do, I think.

Who was that guy? That is the Kevin that I hope to never become. But if I do, sorry in advance and get over it! But what a funny Kevin that would be, eh? And annoying.

Inda and I are getting ready for Sketch Fest NY!!!! Among other things.

I saw Celisa and Nicole: Shuckin' and Jivin' on Friday night. A new BLACK female sketch comedy duo. It was good! Big ups to them! Please check out their show. I believe next Friday at 10:30 p.m. is their last show at Donny's Skybox. www.SecondCity.com for more info. It was their debut as a duo. It brought me back to the days of kevINda's world premiere on that very stage. The blood the sweat the tears the amount of money it takes to keep a sketch group together, the amount of material you have to write, the amount of marketing you have to do... I am depressed now. "I quit you, Inda, I quit you!!!!!" Jokes. Really, here is my advice to the groups starting out: make sure you make it about the work and not ego, and have a point of view, oh, and take breaks from each other, distance makes the group grow better. 'Cause I miss kevINda and my Inda 'cause we ain't done the show in a minute and I have been doin' this straight theatre and after watching the show Friday night it made me thirsty to do some sketch!!!! kevInda is back my N-WORDS!!!!!!!!

- Kevin

(the first kevINda show
at Donny's Skybox
-- 3 years ago)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home