kevINda.com blog

Kevin and Inda share their random thoughts...usually about Bush. Or acting.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Black Diamond

It's Tech week!!!!! I am in a show at Lookingglass Theatre Company called Black Diamond. AND it is awesome!! I have learned a lot of acrobatics and it is awesome!! There is fighting and climbing and near raping, and death, guns, and gunshots and it all takes place in a little red-headed stepchild place called Liberia. Yes, that is where ex-slaves and other Blacks were sent way back when and now the U.S. barely claims it. That country is the most American and again the U.S. does not really claim it... I mean they claim it but it's kinda like, "Yeah he's my brother BUT only by marriage. I mean, we see each other at reunions, but we don't really talk-talk... " Same thing. But I have learned a lot about the country and its politics. I do a great Liberian accent, if i do say so myself. Man, this show is something and the cast is great and the people at Lookingglass are awesome! Did I tell you I learned to climb down a rope from twenty feet UPSIDE DOWN!!!! And I get to do something else pretty special from twenty feet BUT you have to see the show. I will give you a hint... Tom Cruise did it in one of his movies... no, Inda, it's not being gay! Though that can be done at any height... I imagine. I mean, I don't imagine being gay-- never mind.

Closed Blaxploitation 2: You Know How We Deux!!!! I was actually sad. The cast was awesome and the show was great -- better than the first!! Audience members came back like two and three times. People are talkin' about us doing a third one. Man, I don't know. This one was stressful and my plate is full and I'm tired. Yeah, I probably will do another one, but I got other stuff I wanna write.

Aspen was great. Be in L.A. soon. Inda was kind of worried and me a little bit that people in L.A. would forget us but, honestly, how can they forget us? We are funny, smart, and BLACK!!! Now if it was the Funny Smart Black Festival, hell yeah, be worried, but it wasn't. It was a comedy festival. A BIG ONE, TOO!!! It went well and we are where we are supposed to be and most importantly we worked really hard to get where we are. And again, I have said this before (hence "again"), God's got it.

- Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home