kevINda.com blog

Kevin and Inda share their random thoughts...usually about Bush. Or acting.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Chicken Was Good

So, last night Kevin and I attended the annual Black Theatre Alliance Awards. Blaxploitation: The Remix, which we co-wrote, was nominated for eight awards: playwriting, ensemble, actress in an ensemble (China L. Colston), most promising (Tamberla Perry, Keith Smitherman, Eddie Jordan III), and sound design. I was individually nominated in the lead actress category for the play Pretty Fire, and Kevin was nominated in the actor in an ensemble category for a live stage version of Good Times. Yes, someone decided that it should be a play.

Anyway, we went home victorious.

Victorious LOSERS!!! But I looked fantastic. Really. I'll get copies of pictures from someone and post them. Really, I looked good.

And the food was great. Loved the chicken.

The event was fine. All the beautiful Black actors in Chicago mingling and dining (on really good chicken) and honoring each other's work. Ben Vereen was also honored. He even danced a tinsy bit after accepting his lifetime achievement award. That was cool.

And, of course, it is an honor just being nominated. And having your name mispronounced when they announce the playwriting category. And having it misprinted on your nomination certificate. Okay, I'm being bitter. I admit it. I hate losing.

Oh, almost forgot...we did win for best sound design.

- Inda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home